Start a career at B&CE...
Are you a bright and enthusiastic Business Manager looking for a rewarding career in a thriving organisation where people come first?
B&CE has been providing employee benefits for over 70 years. We began in 1942 by creating simple financial products that meet people’s needs, and that’s how we’ve run our business ever since.
We provide simple, good value products and services and our first class support and customer service has won awards.
We go that extra mile to ensure we are.
- Creating Simplicity
- Showing Compassion
- Keeping Promises
Our people are our strength. Finding ways to value and reward them is important to us. And if you’re keen to learn, develop your career and do great things – you’re looking in the right place.
In a word
Reporting to the Policy and External Affairs Directorate, the Business Manager’s role is to enhance the department’s effectiveness in influencing pensions and health policy and raising B&CE’s media profile therein.
Policy and External Affairs is a fast-moving environment and the role holder will be well organised, comfortable working to tight deadlines, possess good judgment, skilful at liaising with colleagues across the organisation, and capable of working on a number of departmental projects simultaneously.
Reporting to the Director of Policy & External affairs, you’ll be responsible for;
- Management of the department’s Money and Health thought leadership research content pipelines
- Business liaison across the organisation on behalf of the Director
- Formally representing Director at cross-departmental, cross-directorate and group level meetings
- Producing speaker briefs, speeches, presentations and other supporting materials for Director and Group Senior Leadership team
- Accompanying Director to internal and external meetings as required
- Monitoring departmental budget expenditures and delivering monthly updates to the Director
- Developing professional and technical knowledge via appropriate training programmes and professional memberships
If you're right for this role
You’ll enjoy working within a solutions-driven, people-focused organisation.
You’ll have a can-do attitude and work well both independently and as part of a team and be aligned with our
values of Creating Simplicity, Keeping Promises and Showing Compassion.
- Degree level (or equivalent experience)
- Substantial experience of external communications activity. Ideally within the pensions or financial services industry
- The ability to build effective relationships quickly
- Excellent creative copywriting skills
- Good knowledge and understanding of financial services industry and products
- Ability to convert complex messages into easily understandable copy
- Ability to undertake and interpret research, and draft compelling research reports
- Advanced skills in Word/Excel/PowerPoint
- Excellent oral communication skills
- Strong process and organisational skills
- Self-motivated, proactive, disciplined and organised
- High delivery ethic with ability to meet tight deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to develop relationships and communicate at all levels.
- Highly creative and imaginative
- Must have a strong eye for detail
- Requires a positive can-do attitude with an ability to find ways round obstacles
B&CE is an equal opportunities employer. We believe everyone has the right to be treated fairly, with dignity and respect. We are committed to treating all our people (and all who apply for a role at B&CE) equally.
We are a disability committed employer, please let us know if you need any reasonable adjustments made to our recruitment process
Our people are our strength so finding ways to value and reward them is important to us. That’s why we offer an award-winning pension – it’s what we’re good at – plus health care cover, an onsite gym, access to a personal trainer… even the odd massage. And if they’re feeling peckish after all that activity, they can always refuel in our subsidised restaurant or grab some fruit – we get a big delivery every week. Discover more of B&CE’s employee benefits including our training programme, which is designed to give our people the support they need to develop a fulfilling career
Excited by this opportunity? Apply before it's too late...
Go to online recruitment »
Download the full job description