Start a career at B&CE...
Are you a bright and enthusiastic Supplier Manager looking for a rewarding career in a thriving organisation where people come first?
B&CE has been providing employee benefits for over 70 years. We began in 1942 by creating simple financial products that meet people’s needs, and that’s how we’ve run our business ever since.
We provide simple, good value products and services and our first class support and customer service has won awards.
We go that extra mile to ensure we are.
- Creating Simplicity
- Showing Compassion
- Keeping Promises
Our people are our strength. Finding ways to value and reward them is important to us. And if you’re keen to learn, develop your career and do great things – you’re looking in the right place.
In a word
Enable B&CE to control costs, drive service excellence and mitigate risks to gain increased value from Suppliers throughout the life cycle of the contract.
Streamline the process for heightened efficiencies and manage Supplier relationships to ensure that the contracts/agreements made are mutually beneficial for all parties, both internal and external.
Oversee the relationship between the business and our Suppliers. Manage these relationships from the start of the contract through the sales process and on into live operation when analysis may be of strategic
Reporting to the Group Director of Finance you’ll be responsible for;
- Evaluate third-party providers of goods and services, supervising day-to-day interactions and managing longer-term relationships.
- Ensuring value for money is obtained from all suppliers and contracts and are aligned with the needs of the business.
- Resourcing and executing internal communications and strategic supplier communications.
- Agreeing service requirements with internal stakeholders and third-party suppliers.
- Management/support/monitoring of supplier performance/compliance with SLA’s, Deliverables etc.
- Implement Supplier Management Office policies, processes and procedures.
- Introduce and report on relevant KPI’s to measure effectiveness of SMO.
- Develop analytics, reporting and business intelligence on third party suppliers and provide to relevant internal stakeholders.
- Reduce budgeted third-party supplier spend year on year
- Feed expected business efficiencies into Cost & Efficiency department
If you're right for this role
You’ll enjoy working within a solutions-driven, people-focused organisation.
You’ll have a can-do attitude and work well both independently and as part of a team and be aligned with our
values of Creating Simplicity, Keeping Promises and Showing Compassion.
- Customer focused when dealing with a range of people
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Numerate with good attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to understand, interpret and apply information
- Organised, able to manage own workload and meet targets and deadlines
- Motivated self-starter with a positive and proactive attitude to all challenges.
- Ability to represent the organisation externally
Team Leader / Manager Competencies
- Develops team knowledge and skills using regular one to ones, the annual review process and by running effective team meetings
- Motivates the team and positively manages change
- Effectively manages all levels of performance providing constructive feedback and creating meaningful action plans
- Able to apply judgement to decision making and prepared to make tough decisions
- Encourages a collaborative and creative working environment
Essential key skills or experience:
- Experienced in Vendor Management/Supplier Management/Procurement at senior level
- Experienced in team management
B&CE is an equal opportunities employer. We believe everyone has the right to be treated fairly, with dignity and respect. We are committed to treating all our people (and all who apply for a role at B&CE) equally.
We are a disability committed employer, please let us know if you need any reasonable adjustments made to our recruitment process.
Our people are our strength so finding ways to value and reward them is important to us. That’s why we offer an award-winning pension – it’s what we’re good at – plus health care cover, an onsite gym, access to a personal trainer… even the odd massage. And if they’re feeling peckish after all that activity, they can always refuel in our subsidised restaurant or grab some fruit – we get a big delivery every week. Discover more of B&CE’s employee benefits including our training programme, which is designed to give our people the support they need to develop a fulfilling career
Excited by this opportunity? Apply before it's too late...
Go to online recruitment »
Download the full job description