Start a career at B&CE...
Are you a bright and enthusiastic HRBP looking for a rewarding career in a thriving organisation where people come first?
B&CE has been providing employee benefits for over 70 years. We began in 1942 by creating simple financial products that meet people’s needs, and that’s how we’ve run our business ever since.
We provide simple, good value products and services and our first class support and customer service has won awards.
We go that extra mile to ensure we are.
- Creating Simplicity
- Showing Compassion
- Keeping Promises
Our people are our strength. Finding ways to value and reward them is important to us. And if you’re keen to learn, develop your career and do great things – you’re looking in the right place.
In a word
Work in partnership with the business to provide specialist coaching, support and influence relating to the full spectrum of People & Reward related issues enabling managers to effectively deliver their people plans and sustain and help drive forward operational activities. Work with the People & Reward Manager to provide expert advice to equip managers with appropriate tools and knowledge to effectively manage their people in line with their people plans e.g. performance management, absence management, career management always ensuring B&CE’s values are upheld and culturally embedded within the organisations activities.
Reporting to the People & Reward Manager, you’ll be responsible for;
- Acts as a single point of contact for managers in the business unit on all matters relating to people policies and procedures and employment legislation
- Provide coaching to Managers, enabling them to resolve poor performance and conduct issues to instil a culture of high performance.
- Build and maintain a strong working relationship with the business unit, proactively supporting the delivery of People & Reward policies and processes within employment best practice and legislation.
- Hold regular meetings with all Accountability Level 3+ managers within the business unit, to support and guide them with P&R related issues relating to their team.
- Attend business unit team meetings and become an integral part of the business unit.
- Investigate employee relations issues including grievances & disciplinaries, and recommend appropriate action, participating in disciplinary hearings where necessary
- Support the business area with the annual salary and calibration process, ensuring a fair and robust process in line with Company Policy is followed
- Provide advice to managers regarding the process of organisational restructuring and redundancy & support them through the implementation process
- Prepare HR Management Information to gain greater insight into the trends and to support continuous improvement in the management and monitoring of sickness absence, performance, retention etc. Pro-actively provide appropriate recommendations to line managers to address identified issues.
- Prepare Occupational Health management referral paperwork & provide advice to Managers on long term sickness issues
- Coach and build the capability of Managers as required and assist with training and development activities such as focus groups.
- Actively support the People and Reward Manager with implementing / revising existing and/or new policies and procedures to ensure that the Company meets best practice, holds clear consistent policies and complies with current employment legislation.
- Keep up to date with employment legislation via internet, HR-inform, People Management, attending relevant seminars and events.
- Project manage ad-hoc people related projects as and when required including streamlining HR processes, supporting the introduction of new system modules on Sage People
- Contribute to the implementation of job evaluation, remuneration and reward strategies ensuring the business is aligned with current market rates and trends
- Conducting exit interviews and feeding back relevant information to the departmental manager and making suggestions for improvement.
- Assisting the People and Reward Advisor with the timely and accurate processing of payroll
If you're right for this role
You’ll enjoy working within a solutions-driven, people-focused organisation.
You’ll have a can-do attitude and work well both independently and as part of a team and be aligned with our
values of Creating Simplicity, Keeping Promises and Showing Compassion.
- CIPD Level 7 or equivalent (or working towards)
- Demonstrable HR Business Partnering experience, preferably within a call centre environment
- Proven experience of working in a fast paced, commercial, financial services environment
- Expert MS Office user
- Up to date with latest employment legislation
- People focused, with excellent relationship building skills
- Calm and objective under pressure
B&CE is an equal opportunities employer. We believe everyone has the right to be treated fairly, with dignity and respect. We are committed to treating all our people (and all who apply for a role at B&CE) equally, and enabling them to perform at their best and demonstrate what they have to offer.
We are a disability committed employer, please let us know if you need any reasonable adjustments made to our recruitment process (application, selection assessments where relevant, and interview) to enable you to show us the best you.
Our people are our strength so finding ways to value and reward them is important to us. That’s why we offer an award-winning pension – it’s what we’re good at – plus health care cover, an onsite gym, access to a personal trainer… even the odd massage. And if they’re feeling peckish after all that activity, they can always refuel in our subsidised restaurant or grab some fruit – we get a big delivery every week. Discover more of B&CE’s employee benefits including our training programme, which is designed to give our people the support they need to develop a fulfilling career
Excited by this opportunity? Apply before it's too late...
Go to online recruitment »
Download the full job description