Search button Manage account button
Simply meeting people’s financial needs

We’re sorry, but some customers are experiencing intermittent issues with our Online Account (for members). We’re working hard to fix this as quickly as we can.

How to apply

Ways B&CE's Charitable Trust can help

The B&CE Charitable Trust was set up in 1991 to give back to construction. To support individuals we provide grants and financial support and our Construction Worker Helpline.

How to apply

If you’d like to find out more about making an application for any of our hardship grants or grants for education and training, please get in touch – we’ll be happy to help. 

If you can prove that you’ve worked in construction within the UK, as a ‘tradesperson’, for at least 12 months (at any time within your employment history), you could be eligible.

A ‘tradesperson’ is someone who is or has been manually involved in the build of a project. For example:

  • A grounds person working as a civil engineer on a project
  • A labourer working on a site
  • A plant driver working on site as part of a construction build project
  • A painter and decorator
  • A scaffolder

Other examples of tradesperson jobs are listed in the Construction Industry Joint Council agreement.

Call our Construction Worker Helpline on 0808 801 0372 or email us at

Our Construction Worker Helpline

Need help with debt or money worries? Struggling with mental and physical health issues? Perhaps you’d like some guidance about housing and social welfare or some emotional support like counselling? Our Construction Worker Helpline provides free support and guidance to individuals in times of need.

Call us in confidence today on: 0808 801 0372
Freephone 8am-8pm, 7 days a week.